Our Sixth Annual Diamond Street Festival will once again be a day of community celebration that takes place in the heart of San Diego’s Diamond Neighborhoods on Saturday, August 29, 2020. This unique street festival celebrates the rich history, diverse cultures, and captivating energy of the people of Southeastern San Diego. Entrance to the festival is FREE.
Listen and groove to local and regional live music and cultural performances showcased on the entertainment stage. Taste the diverse flavors of culturally traditional foods and drinks. Shop for amazing and beautiful arts and crafts sold by local artists and vendors.
REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL
DIAMOND STREET FESTIVAL LOGISTICS COORDINATOR
Request for Proposals Released November 25, 2019
Due back December 26, 2019 by 5:00 p.m.
The Diamond Business Association, Inc., dba Southeastern Diamond Business District (www.SDBD.org) is seeking proposals from qualified firms or individuals for an Event Logisitics Coordinator to assist with the event management logistics, the day of logistics coordination, and implementation of the “Diamond Street Festival” to be held on Imperial Avenue between 62nd and 65th on August 29th, 2020.
The Diamond Business Association, Inc. is a nonprofit business organization founded by local business leaders and our mission is to foster economic prosperity by advocating for and promoting the growth of businesses in the Diamond District.
This Diamond Street Festival will take place on Saturday, August 29, 2020, from Noon to 7:00 p.m. This unique street festival celebrates the rich history, diverse cultures, and captivating energy of the people of Southeastern San Diego. We will have local and regional live music and cultural performances showcased throughout the day. In addition to entertainment, food, and information, the event will have a Custom Car Show and Kids Zone components. This one-day event is expected to draw an attendance of 10,000 people.
The entire budget for this event will be in the range of $35,000-$45,000,000. This includes street closure expenses, carnival rides, marketing, entertainment, and logistical costs.
APPLICANT RFP RECEPTION
By responding to this RFP the applicant agrees to be responsible for fully understanding the requirements of the RFP and will ask any questions to make sure that understanding is gained. The Diamond Business Association reserves the right to reject any or all responses to the RFP, to advertise for new responses, or to accept any RFP response deemed to be in the best interests of the organization. Acceptance of any RFP should not be construed as a contract nor shall indicate any commitment on the part of the Diamond Business Association for any future action. The RFP does not commit the Diamond Business Association to pay for any costs incurred in the submission of a response to this RFP or for any cost incurred prior to the execution of a final contract.
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
- Present an opportunity for publicizing and promoting the Diamond Business District by attracting new visitors and increasing the economic impact to the local businesses in the community.
- Grow and expand our signature event in a manner that will incorporate the diverse cultural composition of the community and create a fun-filled day for all.
- Increase fundraising opportunities for the Diamond Business Association from corporate sponsorships, booth sales and other street festival revenue.
- Increase attendance from 6,000 to 10,000 people.
SERVICES TO BE PROVIDED
- Work with Diamond Business Association Executive Director on the preparation and submittal of the City of San Diego Permit/Application
- Attend meetings with City Officials to discuss permit/applications.
- Locate and gather competitive estimates for festival service providers and suppliers in compliance with the income and expense budget approved by the board of directors.
- Review food vendor documentation to ensure permit compliance.
- Manage relationships with event vendors.
- Work with Diamond Business Association Executive Director to recruit support/volunteers for the planning of the event and to work on the day of the day of the event.
- Direct and manage on-site logistics and event set-up and clean-up.
- Manage and execute event debrief which will include a written report with recommendations for doing another such event.
November 25, 2019: RFP Delivered
December 26, 2019: RFP Close Date
January 10, 2020: Start Applicant Evaluations
January 17, 2020: Award Contract
Applicants who have demonstrated the capacity to meet our requirements will be notified via phone/email of our selection to move forward with the RFP Process.
- Your firm’s history and explanation of qualifications
- Length of time in business
- Proof of insurance will be required ($1 million General Liability)
Email your Responses to (info@SDBD.org) by December 26, 2019 at 5:00 p.m. EMAIL ONLY.
The Diamond Street Festival is the perfect place for you to market your small business to the community and/or sell your products to local consumers. With 10,000 people expected to attend this year, this is an opportunity you will not want to miss! Send your application and payment in now because booth spaces are filling up fast.
Types of Booths: Food Booth $300; BID Member Food Booth $150; Commercial/Retail Booth $150;
100% Handcrafted Booth $50; Non-Profit Booth $75; BID Member Booth $50
DOWNLOAD THE 2020 VENDOR APPLICATION AND MAIL IN PAYMENT
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER FOR YOUR BOOTH ONLINE
If you wish to pay online after registering above, click the link below to pay via PayPal and select the appropriate vendor type.
KID ZONE SPONSOR
[Your Name Could be Here]
Are you or someone you know looking for Community Service Hours? Do you want to be part of this unique street festival that celebrates the rich history, diverse cultures, and captivating energy of the people of Southeastern San Diego? Contact email@example.com for volunteer opportunities.
Diamond Street Festival Help Desk| 619-550-1280